Are you making some changes in your life to get healthier this year? So are we! Last month, we asked our fans on social media to share some of their healthy New Year’s Resolutions and tips with us to help kick off 2016 the right way.
Check out some of our favorite suggestions here… and see if your healthy New Year’s resolutions and tips made the list!
Healthy New Year’s Resolutions For You, By You!
Healthy Eating Tips & Resolutions
- Don’t deprive yourself of your favorite foods. Just give yourself the handful richness/density rule: equivalent of one handful of your fave food and balance it with a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise. Then you have some portion control, are burning some calories, and hopefully feeling good about yourself instead of deflated or deprived.
- Always drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies.
- To save time, I fill individual zip top bags with my fruit and smoothie ingredients and keep them in the freezer. Every morning I grab one and blend it & go.
- I try to eat like a crayon box. Food from these color groups is the way to consume your fruits and vegetables.
- Keep a food diary to help you keep track of what you’re eating throughout the day.
- Stop drinking sodas (or other sugary beverages).
- Eat more organic foods and avoid all junk foods.
- Eat more dark greens and reach for fruit instead of carbs for a snack.
- I resolve to start my day with a healthy breakfast.
- Never go food shopping while hungry.
Exercise Tips & Resolutions
- Carry a jump rope or resistance bands in the car for quick and easy workouts.
- Workout with your significant other. The mutual encouragement and support really helps ensure that workouts happen on a consistent basis, and progress is made.
- Exercise every day even if you can only spare 15 minutes. It will help you make it a lifestyle habit.
- Take the stairs when you can for a little extra cardio at work.
- Take more challenges, and take your workout outdoors!
- Go for a hike, every week!
- Go an extra block further when you walk your dog… all these extra steps count!
- Go swimming!
- Always exercise first thing in the morning, even if you have to get up a bit earlier. No excuses!
- Stay consistent.
Everyday Well-being Tips & Resolutions
- Don’t look at your phone an hour before bed. Instead do some stretching and yoga 30 minutes before going to bed!
- My new year’s resolution is to stress less and take tasks one step at a time. Listen to more music to get you motivated, active and relaxed.
- Surround yourself with positive people, think positive thoughts and strive to do positive things. Pay it forward!
- Write your goal where you will see it daily. Include weekly or monthly goals as a part of the larger goals, but give yourself a reward at the interval goals. It’s all about determination and motivation!
- I vow to park the car far away, so when I go shopping I get a really good walk in and fresh air too!
- Quit smoking.
- Make a point to get sufficient sleep and rest.
- Wear sunscreen every day to save your skin.
- Always turn off the electronics & engage with family & friends while you have the opportunity.
- Smile and laugh more!
Thanks to everyone who shared their healthy New Year’s Resolutions and tips for getting healthy with us! If you have more healthy New Year’s Resolutions that you would like to share, send an email with your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured on this page!